Friday, September 12, 2008

THE JOY OF BREASTFEEDING


when i found out i was pregnant, i told myself that i will definitely breastfeed my baby. but i didn't know then that it will be hard. on the first night that we brought caden home, malvin told me that we should buy powder milk for caden just incase. i said with a firm voice, "no!" telling him that i can do this! but he did buy one. hehehe...well, i did do it but since it's just the first few days of breastfeeding him, i don't think there was enough milk. he would cry every hour and i would stand up and sway him and breastfeed him at the same time. this went on up to 6am in the morning. malvin saw how sleepy and tired i was that he got up and made the formula. then he took caden and let me sleep. that's when caden slept for 3 hours straight. i think he got tired of sucking and crying till 6am too. =D so since then, he was a mixed fed baby.
breast feeding bacame a little bearable because of the breast pump. i am using the pigeon electrical breastpump. it was a big help especially when my nipples are sore because of caden's sucking. it came to a point that the top skin was peeling off! i use the breastpump to get the milk from my breast while he is sleeping. then when he wakes up, i let him drink the breastmilk from the bottle.
i remember telling our pedia that i don't think i can breastfeed caden anymore because it hurts soooo much. he said to just hang in there, in a few months it will be more "enjoyable". hehehe...well actually it did, not the enjoyable part but the fulfilling part of breastfeeding. knowing that this is my bonding moment between my baby and me. actually, i was a little sad when he got his teeth coz i knew i have to stop breastfeeding him. he keeps biting my nipple! sometimes he even draws out blood. tsk..pasaway na bata! but then after a few weeks, i think my nipple got used to the mild biting so it didn't hurt as much anymore =D
i don't know until when i will breastfeed. for now, i just want to enjoy every single moment he's beside me. i love my baby soooo much !!!